Job title: Assistant Brand Managers | AF Watches & Jewellery | Dubai, UAE
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 70323
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
You will ensure the achievement of all the tangible and intangible aspects of the Brand(s) handled. You will also ensure smooth interaction & healthy relations with principals, achieve or exceed annual targets of net sales value and gross margin and market share for the brand(s) via the various sale channels, inputs to ensure satisfactory customer brand experience at internal & external POS, provide promotional aids-to-sales, intensive interaction with sales personnel & to chart a brand positioning course in the UAE in line with both principal & Watches & Jewellery brand strategy.
Budgeting & Sales accountability
- Plans the total seasonal purchase and guides the merchandisers by setting forward estimates for the different buying groups, considering a number of variables, such as selling space, trends, feedback from stores, etc.
- Attends buying fairs along with merchandisers and ensures that the right products are selected in terms of ways, depth, etc. in order to generate maximum profit for the business.
- Ensure annual sales turnover and gross margin targets
Product and stock Management
- Regularly works on new market trends, design and collection development, merchandize planning for merchandize brands.
- Inventory management and timely stock liquidation minimising impact to profit
- Regularly monitors the merchandise stock levels
- Analyses various reports (plan vs actual, viability of a particular item, stock cover, store cover, etc), gauges the merchandise performance (identify best/low sellers, etc) and then suggests/implements corrective measures.
- Channel wise incentive schemes and promotions.
- May request an increase or decrease of budgets, all in order to ensure optimum stock levels and minimum waste.
Pricing and Margins Management
- Evaluates the pricing of the merchandise prior to a season by doing a price simulation exercise, ensuring that the pricing delivers the margin target set.
- Conducts competition analysis and recommends price changes, if and when required so that they are in line with the market; all is done in order to achieve set targets.
- Regularly communicates with Principles, maintaining a good working relationship with them.
- Negotiates prices, delivery plans, lead times, etc.
- Provides feedback in terms of product suitability to the local markets, suggesting changes, alternatives and/or new specific products to be developed.
- Manages a culturally diverse team of professionals.
- Ensures the department is adequately staffed with competent individuals.
- Ensures the team is consistently trained, developed and motivated in order to ensure continuity, versatility and effectiveness.
- Coordinate with marketing & operations for execution of marketing and promotional activities.
- Coordinate with VM team for execution of visual merchandising activities and changes in display for each line
- Coordinate with retail operations team to understand customer preferences & buying behavior
- Coordinate with the retail head to communicate inputs related to new store opening
- Coordinate with principals/ suppliers/ external entities for assistance required to carry out roles efficiently
- Coordinate with principals/ suppliers on a regular basis for store supplies
- Website and social media updates and reply to direct customer online queries.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree holder, business course in Merchandise Planning, Brand Management, Sales, Marketing and Promotions will be preferred
- 3-5 years in the watches business, multi-unit, multi brand retailing company (preferably) in the category management / brand management function
- Computer Knowledge with expertise in MS Excel is a must
- Advance exposure to retailing practices, promotions and visual merchandising activities
- Exposure in merchandise planning and brand management
- Must have prior experience in managing relationship with large international Principals
- Attention to detail, Confident, Team Player
- Should have demonstrated good communication and negotiation skills
- Very strong analytical skills
- Should possess strong leadership skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 04:47:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!