Job title: Assistant Brand Managers – Watches | Al-Futtaim Watches & Jewellery | Dubai, UAE
Job description: About the Role
You will ensure the achievement of all the tangible and intangible aspects of the Brand(s) handled. You will also ensure smooth interaction & healthy relations with principals, achieve or exceed annual targets of net sales value and gross margin and market share for the brand(s) via the various sale channels, inputs to ensure satisfactory customer brand experience at internal & external POS, provide promotional aids-to-sales, intensive interaction with sales personnel & to chart a brand positioning course in the UAE in line with both principal & Watches & Jewellery brand strategy.
Budgeting & Sales accountability
- Plans the total seasonal purchase and guides the merchandisers by setting forward estimates for the different buying groups, considering a number of variables, such as selling space, trends, feedback from stores, etc.
- Attends buying fairs along with merchandisers and ensures that the right products are selected in terms of ways, depth, etc. in order to generate maximum profit for the business.
- Ensure annual sales turnover and gross margin targets
Product and stock Management
- Regularly works on new market trends, design and collection development, merchandize planning for merchandize brands.
- Inventory management and timely stock liquidation minimising impact to profit
- Regularly monitors the merchandise stock levels
- Analyses various reports (plan vs actual, viability of a particular item, stock cover, store cover, etc), gauges the merchandise performance (identify best/low sellers, etc) and then suggests/implements corrective measures.
- Channel wise incentive schemes and promotions.
- May request an increase or decrease of budgets, all in order to ensure optimum stock levels and minimum waste.
Pricing and Margins Management
- Evaluates the pricing of the merchandise prior to a season by doing a price simulation exercise, ensuring that the pricing delivers the margin target set.
- Conducts competition analysis and recommends price changes, if and when required so that they are in line with the market; all is done in order to achieve set targets.
- Regularly communicates with Principles, maintaining a good working relationship with them.
- Negotiates prices, delivery plans, lead times, etc.
- Provides feedback in terms of product suitability to the local markets, suggesting changes, alternatives and/or new specific products to be developed.
- Manages a culturally diverse team of professionals.
- Ensures the department is adequately staffed with competent individuals.
- Ensures the team is consistently trained, developed and motivated in order to ensure continuity, versatility and effectiveness.
- Coordinate with marketing & operations for execution of marketing and promotional activities.
- Coordinate with VM team for execution of visual merchandising activities and changes in display for each line
- Coordinate with retail operations team to understand customer preferences & buying behavior
- Coordinate with the retail head to communicate inputs related to new store opening
- Coordinate with principals/ suppliers/ external entities for assistance required to carry out roles efficiently
- Coordinate with principals/ suppliers on a regular basis for store supplies
- Website and social media updates and reply to direct customer online queries
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 07:01:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!