Job title: Assistant Buyer
Job description: Description
Assistant Buyer | Guess | Dubai | UAE
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 84883
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Manages OTB, stock, sales and margin at detailed level to maximise sales and minimise inventory levels
- Assisting to sets overall guidelines for margin by product area and ensures processes are established to analyse margin deviation.
- Forecast weekly sales and margin by store and region highlighting risks and opportunities
- Assisting Planning manager to manage markdown and promotional strategies to ensure margin is maintained to achieve bottom line
Manages inventory levels and stock turn
- Assisting planning manager to setup full OTB process, sell through and markdown policy. Analytical and proactively manages sales, inventory and margin through effective range planning
- Assisting in providing accurate OTB plans for each category maximising sell through
- Forecasts intakes in line with OTB to give an accurate picture of weekly stockholding by brand.
- Assisting and managing category planning
- Manages store clustering and distribution of stock to stores
- Maintain and manage MSSI/ WSSI reports
- Manages monthly intake and timely deliveries in accordance with the brand and Market
- Ensures all markets have optimum inventory levels at any given point of time
- Manages the stock profile to ensure that aged inventory is kept to a minimum
- Ensure right stock at right time.
- Works in conjunction with Planning manager to develop effective, profitable assortment range
- Assisting in Building and managing the range plans in conjunction with buying ensuring OTB is controlled
- Works closely with other departments including Buying, Retail, VM, Operations and Wholesale to ensure the product offer is optimised at all times and sales opportunities are maximised
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations and the Brand teams to confirm the commercial calendar for all brands, which would include all key promotions in line with the markdown strategy
SAP Inventory Management & Reporting
- Ensure that SAP is maintained and is regularly and is operating effectively from an inventory point of view
- Develop and publish reports which will give accurate and reliable information to the management and facilitate decision making
- Support expansion by providing sales estimates and ensuring the availability of a proper stock package
- Assist with the development and enforcement of robust inventory/ stock policies, procedures (SOPs) and ensure that the replenishment system in SAP is operating efficiently.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
College or University level graduate.
Retail and fashion experience is preferred
Strategic planning and analytical skills, All Microsoft Office Programs and knowledge of retail systems
Behavioural Competencies :
Strong communication skills, collaborations, influencing others, taking initiative, engaging leadership, developing talent, drive for results and delighting our customer and is a strategic thinker. Keeps up to date with the latest trends and brands, Strong sales focus and eager to learn.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 04:32:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!