Job title: Assistant Manager
Job description: Job Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Assistant Manager to join the Housekeeping team at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, assisting in the planning process and ensuring all housekeeping areas adhere to the required standards.
- To be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all the services offered by the Housekeeping department and to ensure they are carried out as per the department standard
- To study and evaluate the operation of the Housekeeping Department, and suggest improvements to the Executive Housekeeper.
- To assign duties and responsibilities to subordinates and assist the housekeeping colleagues in their duties.
- To check the linen room, pantries, florist and stores to ensure smooth flow of Guest supplies, uniforms and linen.
- To interact with individuals outside the hotel, such as supplies, contractors, and competitors.
- To maintain records of all ‘rota’ cleaning work , window cleaning, carpet shampoo, drapery cleaning, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning and general suite cleaning.
- To follow up on all out of order suites
- To conduct inspection of corridors, service areas, pantries, staircases and public restrooms to ensure proper cleaning.
- To take note of in-house VIPs and arriving VIPs.
- To ensure that all suites are inspected thoroughly and complete
- To ensure that all equipment is well maintained and handled correctly
- To handle guest complains in accordance with hotel policy
- To check the logbook and follow up on outstanding matters
- To assist in taking various inventories
- To assist the Executive Housekeeper in the administration work concerning the department and ensure effective handovers are produced.
Skills and Experience
- In order to be considered for this role you will ideally possess a fundamental school education . It is essential that you are able to demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience in a 5 star property.
- You will have a very strong command of the English language (verbal and written). Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office and Property Management System.
- You will also have a passion for working in hospitality, are solution orientated, motivator, flexible and a team player.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes:
- Your own single room accommodation
- Free transport to and from your place of work
- Laundry services
- Meals during working hours
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical coverage
- Life and accident insurance
- Retail and leisure discounts
- 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Job date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 01:28:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!