Job title: Category Manager
Job description: Description
Category Manager – Menwear | M&S | UAE
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 88392
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Category Manager is responsible for the BU Strategy to drive Sales and Cash Margin and is accountable for achieving the Key Business KPI’s of Sales, Cash Margin, Markdown Cost and Closing Stock. He/she controls Space and OTB Planning plus Product Selection. Category Manager is responsible for Team Management and Team Development ensuring high energy and engagement whilst building and maintaining effective Cross-Functional relationships, including those with the Host Brand
BUSINESS PLAN AND DELIVERY OF KEY KPI’s
- Formulate Annual Business Plan and BU Strategy
- Constantly search for Business Opportunities to increase Sales and Cash Margin
- Detailed knowledge of BU, Markets operated in and Key Competitors
- Manage BU WSSI
SALES AND OTB PLANNING
- Plan appropriate Sales and Cash Margin by Department and Range
- Plan appropriate Sales and Cash Margin by Store and Region
- Plan appropriate Space for each Department/ Range in each Store
- Plan appropriate OTB and Options by T Department/ Range
- Cut OTB: Core v Fashion
- Plan appropriate e-Commerce Buy
RANGE DETAIL PLANNING
- Management of Core Template to drive Core Availability
- Size Cut Strategy by Department/ Market
- Appropriate Good/ Better/ Best Offer
- Sufficient Volume on Key OPP’S
- Appropriate Colour Balance
- Authoritative Product Statements on Hero Product
- Detailed Preparation for UK Buying Fairs
- Appropriate and timely challenge to Uk where required
- Clear IBO Strategy
- Confident Product Selection and Range Balancing
- Sign Off every Catalogue and continuous review with Trading
- Opportunity Buys to Support Marketing Strategy
- Spend Control
- Margin Optimization
- Weekly Team Meeting and Actions
- Weekly Store Communication (GM Action News)
- Define and Manage Allocation Blueprint
- Define and Manage Replenishment Strategy by Type of Product/ Market
- Implement Robust Promotional Calendar
- Implement robust Innovations Communication
- Ensure Opening Price Points well executed and Messaged In-Store
- Effective Markdown Management – controlling Shop in Shop Statements but clearing Seasonal Lines
- Conduct Seasonal Comp Shops
- Report on Key Actions to remain Price Competitive
- Report on Key Missed Opportunities
- Conduct Quarterly SWOT with Store Champions
- Engage in Market Visits
- Ability to understand and engage with swiftly changing market conditions
- Enthusiasm for the transition of product to Digital Environment
- Build Good Relationships with Category Manager Colleagues within M&S
- Build strong relationships with M&S Operations Team, VM Team and Marketing Team
- Build solid working relationships with UK
- Engage team with smart Objectives, inclusion in the ‘Bigger Picture’ plus continued Feedback
- Provide coaching for development and ensure succession within the team working with HRBP on Talent Management
- Role model Al-Futtaim Way Behaviours and M&S Values
This is a Senior Role within M&S MENA.
Menswear accounts for up to 25% of Turnover and is the key Business Unit to drive Consumer Awareness and Loyalty.
M&S MENA currently operates in 7 Markets: KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, and Oman.
Candidate must be able to travel to the above Markets plus to the UK to attend Seasonal Buying Fairs.
Flexible Hours required during Buying Season.
- Minimum 8 Years’ Experience in Fashion Buying and Merchandising
- A Confident Leader
- Able to handle Complexity
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Highly Numerate
- Product Confident
- Good Communicator
- Collaborative Style
- Optimistic Attitude
- Works at Pace with an Impatience to get things Done
- Strong track record of People Management
- Cultural Awareness
- Womenswear or Middle East Experience preferred
- Graduate or Graduate Calibre
- Good working knowledge of Excel and key Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge of SAP an additional advantage
- Delighting Our Customers
- Managing Complexity
- Influencing Others
- Taking Initiative
- Drive for Results
- Engaging Leadership
- Developing Talent
- Embrace the M&S Values: Inspiration, Innovation, In Touch and Integrity
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 22:45:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!