Job title: Chief Accountant
Company: Perfect Purity
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Chief Accountant
– To be responsible of all areas relating to financial reporting and developing/maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
– This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
– The Chief accountant will have contact with senior-level parties and the company’s president and group finance manager which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Brief of the duties and responsibilities:
– Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
– Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
– Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
– Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
– Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
– Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
– Supports budget and forecasting activities.
– Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
– Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
– Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
– Responds to inquiries from the finance manager regarding financial results, special reporting requests etc.
– Work with the finance manager to ensure a clean and timely year end audit, monthly tax process.
– Supervise the general ledger of the group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
– Assist in development and implementation of updated procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
– Assist finance manager in providing coaching and training to new and existing staff as needed.
– Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
– Support finance manager with special projects and tasks and workflow process improvements.
– Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
– Experience working in an education, publishing, retail or professional services firm is preferred.
– BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
– Master or MBA/ Accounting and finance related qualification (i.e. CMA/CPA) is preferred.
– ERP solutions, Dynamics 365 is preferred / Ms office Excel, word, power point / outlook.
About the Company
We are Perfect Purity, a distribution organization who has been working in the Middle East Region since 2002 under Future Education brand-name in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2015, we evolved as a separate entity and chose Dubai/the UAE as our base, becoming a sister organization of Future Education. We predominantly supply books and resources to schools, universities and educational institutions across the region.
Candidates who applied for this job also applied for:
- Personalised updates on latest career opportunities
- Insights on hiring and employment activity in your industry
Breakdown available for industries, cities and years of experience
Job date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 03:49:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!