Job title: Chief Architect | Corporate Services | Dubai
Job description: At Al-Futtaim, we look for the world’s top leaders with the entrepreneurial spirit, global vision, and passion to consistently drive our diverse teams forward as we continue to expand our company across all sectors. Our work is propelled by the desire to make a difference and become one of the most progressive companies in the Middle East and beyond. At the centre of our actions and visions are Al-Futtaim’s Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence, and we recognise and reward quality performance aligned to these.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. Our career opportunities span from our home base in the UAE out to the shores of Singapore and we are in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, working with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Toshiba. Our multicultural and multinational team gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
Design and development of Architecture Framework and Enterprise Target Architecture (ETA) in line with the Architecture Principles ensuring it supports Al-Futtaim Group’s EIT strategic direction.
To lead the assessment, sourcing, and design of enterprise-grade solutions (new/existing) within the defined Al-Futtaim’s Enterprise Target Architecture (ETA) and solutioning framework.
- Provide inputs to the development of the Group IT Strategy
- Create & maintain Enterprise Target Architecture (ETA) in the context of Business & IT strategy and recommend capability increments for EIT transformational plans.
- Contribute to the development of Architecture Principles.
- Lead the selection of new solutions in line with Architecture Principles in conjunction with [vertical] teams, fully integrated to demand management process.
- Lead design and development of high-complexity Solutions in the AFG IT Landscape in line with Enterprise Target Architecture (ETA) and Architecture Principles.
- Lead scoping, integration designs, and workshops with the Business/IT stakeholders to support business strategies.
- Undertake new technology/solutions introduction and related Proof of Concepts (POCs).
- Recommend Business Applications for consolidation, retirement, and timely upgrade leading to a cost-optimal IT landscape.
- Contribute to Research, benchmark the latest developments in enterprise architecture related to our business needs.
- Prepare roadmaps for technology and products supporting the strategic implementation plan.
- Provide design direction and guidance to the development teams and leads in other teams.
- Develop cross-functional team in line with target competencies and build bench strength in the team. Promote and fast-track your talent within Al-Futtaim. Establish and manage relationships with key vendors. Build industry relationships to stay abreast with the latest developments, innovations, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with education in Business Management (e.g. MBA)
- Minimum 12 years Business/IT Solution Design and Development experience; 5-7 years Enterprise Architecture experience; 5-7 years Business (vertical) experience or equivalent Business process knowledge.
- Domain competency in at least Two areas – SAP/IBM/Microsoft/Salesforce/Oracle; Business/IT services portfolio lifecycle optimization; Innovation aware (in areas IoT, Mobile, Cloud, Big data, etc.)
- Must have at least one EA framework certification (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
- Competencies: Solution Design & Architecture, Systems Development, IT Vendor Management, Business Process Design, Installation & Deployment, Infrastructure & Technology, IT Project Management, Sourcing & Procurement, IT Security Management, Risk Management, Service Management, IT Quality Assurance.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 05:47:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!