Job title: Commis 1,2,3 (pre opening) culinary jumeirah living marina gate
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Commis 1,2,3 (pre
About the Hotel:
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Living Marina Gate is located along the water front of Dubai Marina, adjacent to the Cayan Tower and the Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites overlooking the Marina Walk which includes a number of restaurants and cafes. The site is approximately 40 minutes away from the Dubai international Airport and 20 minutes from the Dubai World Central Airport. The overall development will include serviced and branded residences, gym facilities, as well as a resident’s lounge area.
About the role:
An exciting role has arisen in the Culinary department at Jumeirah Living Marina Gate for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to Cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
- Organize together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintain good colleague’s relations and motivate colleagues
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Male or female with a pleasing personality
- Willing to work in a team
- Able to deal with people different nationalities and religions
- At least three years in a five start international chain hotel or a well-known standalone restaurant
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, You will be entitled to one return ticket to your home destination, which will be paid in two installments, one per anniversary year, medical coverage as well as accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Location: Jumeirah, Dubai
Job date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 23:47:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!