Job title: Early Years Coordinator – August ’21
Company: GEMS Education
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Management & Operations
Salary 300,000 AED
8154 – Early Years Coordinator – August ’21
Business Unit: GEMS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – AL KHAIL
Location: UAE – Dubai
Closing Date 12-Jul-2021
About the Role
We, at GEMS International School, Al Khail, are looking for an experienced Early Years Coordinator to join our exceptional team for the start of the ’21-22 academic year. GEMS teachers deliver dynamic and creative curriculum in world class schools to motivated students.
Early Years Coordinators at GEMS perform a very important dual role. Please see details below.
As a leader:
- Model highly effective principles of teaching and instructional differentiation
- Assist teachers develop learning targets for students
- Effectively model, communicate and support the implementation of best practices, GEMS culture of kindness and the GEMS/GIS core values
- Demonstrate positive leadership and highly effective communication skills
- Contribute positively to team building
- Assist teachers with orientation to subject or grade level curriculum
- Lead and attend all related department /grade level meetings
As a manager:
- Proactively address grade/department concerns and resolve them in a timely, sensitive and professional manner
- Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation of curriculum materials and timetables
- Plan and manage production of annual budget collateral material
- Monitor appropriate quality and quantity of homework and communication by team members with student families.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years of solid and demonstrable Early Years classroom teaching experience, ideally in a premium caliber IB curriculum school
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check. About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
Staff have access to GEMS Rewards, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and many other offers About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS International School, Dubai Hills, opened in September, 2013, as a premier school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
With a strong multicultural student body and faculty of over 93 nationalities, we educate our students on the importance of acceptance, respect, appreciation and understanding. Through developing these core personal and social skills, and maintaining the GEMS Education ethos of learning, ambition and philanthropy, our students become true global citizens.
Our community is known for its warmth and inclusivity, with student leadership and responsibility (at all ages) highly valued. Our school is committed to digital citizenship. Our Bring Your Own Device program and dedicated Digital Learning Coaches enable students to discover ways that technology can assist and enhance their learning. Our students are not the only learners: our faculty is dedicated to self-improvement and sharing best practice through the highest levels of professional development.
http://www.gemsinternationalschool-alkhail.com/ About Application Process If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s): 1. Resume/CV
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 06:35:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!