Job title: Finance Manager | Finance Shared Services | Dubai
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 77589
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
As a member of SSF management team- To support the GM-AFSS/AGM and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on(a) Quality of Financial books (b) periodical books closing and reporting (c) IFRS compliance (d) General Ledger Reconciliations & Review (e) Audit and Tax compliance.
The job holder is required to interact with GM/AGM- AFSS; Location Managers and Divisional Heads – requires good communications skills.
Understanding of systems (SAP and Policy / Procedures) is crucial both for determining applicability and relevance as well as for designing verification procedures and processes that are meant to highlight exceptions.
Financial accounting: Ensure the financial accounting of all companies reflects true and fair view through
- Chart of Accounts review to ensure business and reporting requirements are maintained current and relevant.
- BPC data quality to ensure correct Divisional and Group reporting.
- Standardization of accounting schedules and implement quality review process.
- Development of IFRS accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance
- Continuous improvement of GL review process for early warning signal
General Ledger reconciliations & Schedule Review:
- Monthly reviews of General Ledger /trend analysis, process improvement, streamline process across companies.
- Providing analysis and reports related to open line item in General ledger and taking required action to clear.
- Providing support in yearly stock audit and yearly closing of books.
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts, preparing ‘action-triggering’ schedules and taking timely action to resolve any issues.
Lead and Facilitate Monthly / Quarterly / Annual books closing
- Establish clear timeline and ownership
- Preparing the checklist and ensuring the compliance
- Co-ordinate with external auditors and ensure timely response, documentation and information
Audit & Tax:
- Ensure the smooth completion of Annual/Semi Annual Audit
- Ensure Corporate tax, WH tax compliance where applicable.
- Discuss and facilitate the External Audit; Review and discuss the Audit Recommendations and Ensure implementation
- Lead and guide the smooth completion of Annual/Semi Annual Audit and Ensure the Tax and Legal Compliance
- Review and advise adequacy of insurance coverage
- Facilitate the Business and Insurance company for appropriate coverage
- Facilitate structured claim process and review
- Prepare guidelines for business unit.
- Review of insurance coverage and ensuring the Insurance compliance
Bank/Cash: Review of Bank Accounts and Cash Clearings and ensuring the timely completion
- Ensuring the timely completion of Bank Reconciliations and taking appropriate and corrective actions
- Implementing the Risk Identification and Escalation process.
- Review of Cash clearing and Cheque clearing Schedules, ensuring no pending items, if any highlighting the line manager and taking appropriate action.
Intercompany and Intercompany:
- Ensure the Sub ledgers and Recon ledger balance are tying up.
- Clearing all the Intra customer Ledger Accounts and transfer to the appropriate GL account
- Review of all the old and aged outstanding ICM balances and support acceptance /clearance.
- Guide and facilitate the team and SBU for ICM Acceptance, accruals, and necessary accounting schedules.
- Review of all Intercompany and Intra company transactions and Balances, ensuring the accounting and settlement is completed appropriately and reconciled.
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Chartered Accountant (or similar qualification)
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact well
Minimum Experience: 7-9 years of similar experience, with a good knowledge of ERP systems.
Job-Specific Skills: Good accounting(IFRS) knowledge, preferably worked with Big4 audit firms, analytical, process oriented, well organised, with excellent communication skills, a team player. Should possess a good knowledge of excel and have prior experience in working with large databases. presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Organisation: Should be able to plan and prioritise workload with minimum supervisory input.
- Self-Starter: Should be able to anticipate emerging trends and issues in the books of account and initiate appropriate action.
- Team Player: Should enjoy working in a team and be able to solve problems and resolve issues in a collaborative manner.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 08:59:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!