Job title: Group Head of Communications
Company: Chalhoub Group
Job description: Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you’ll be doing
This key role holder will be responsible for building the Chalhoub Group communication strategy aligned with the Group’s Vision 2030 and its strategy, ensuring its implementation and continuous evolution.
The Group Head of Communications will be responsible for defining the Group’s image/branding in order to take the Group communications to the next level, specifically within the field of digital communication and Group branding.
Building & directing the Group the communication strategy
– Assess the Group communication maturity
– Define a communication strategy aligned with the Group Vision 2030 and its strategy to be approved by the Board of Presidents
– Propose and manage yearly communication plans addressing our different audiences (key opinion leaders, industry experts, partners, talents, employees…), territories (with a focus on Saudi Arabia)
– Define targeted specific strategic roadmaps: Saudi Arabia PR, Public affairs and influence, crisis communication…
– Set objectives to the teams and service providers
– Provide relevant data and reporting tools
Build and manage transversal and agile team
– Define and share the vision with the team
– Forster continuous drive for excellency
– Ensure collaboration and act as a servant leader
Build and manage Chalhoub Group’s brand and image
– Understand the background, legacy and history of the Group
– Understand and embrace Group culture initiatives
– Formalize a Group brand’s guidebook to ensure a single tone of voice across all touchpoints
– Understand business needs across different activities by regularly meeting stakeholders,
– Ensure consistency of Group’s image across the Group and all other possible touchpoints: ensure coordination between content producers and direct touchpoints (such as Incubators, Sustainable Engagement, Alumni….)
– Curate and produce content around strong narratives
– Manage sponsoring budget with an influence / public affairs strategy
Optimise the relevance and impact of messages conveyed by the Group senior Leadership
– Ensure Group strategic messages are appropriately communicated and cascaded down across the organisation and externally when relevant
– Support the communication deliverables supporting Group speakers both internally and externally (Group presidents’ presentation and interviews)
– Plan and organise major Group events (Group Seminar, Management meetings, partners gathering)
– Train and upskill Group spokespeople.
Ensure live, up-to-date and cutting-edge communication touchpoints
– Set the strategy and rules of engagement with cutting edge execution to be where we want to be i.e. in KSA.
– Monitoring the Group presence externally and set desired positioning compared to other key players and steer all communication vehicles towards reaching there.
What you’ll need to succeed
– A minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least 6 years in a similar role in the corporate world within an international company
– Experience within the Middle East, strong understanding of the region
– Experience of the best practices in terms of communication specifically within the digital field
– Strategic mindset, able to deal with ambiguity
– Sense of diplomacy and ability to convince and promote his/her views in a family business
– Managerial capabilities to build a team
– Social media and digital communication
– Brand communication
– Experience in public affairs and crisis management is good to have
– Be a team player, creative, storyteller, empathetic, motivated, with good presentation and interpersonal skills
– Experience of corporate communication is a must have (not of financial communication though as Chalhoub Group is not a publicly listed company)
– Must be a native English speaker
– Proficient spoken Arabic is a must have
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.
Job date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 08:48:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!