Job title: IB Diploma Coordinator
Company: GEMS Education
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Management & Operations
Salary 300,000 AED
Business Unit: GEMS WELLINGTON ACADEMY – SILICON OASIS
Location: UAE – Dubai
Closing Date 31-May-2021
About the Role
GEMS Wellington Academy, Dubai Silicon Oasis are looking for a seasoned Diploma Program Coordinator to join our exceptional team for the start of the 2021 academic year. GEMS teachers deliver dynamic and creative curriculum in world class schools to motivated students.
The Diploma Programme (DP) Coordinator is a key leadership position at WSO and is responsible for the coordination and development of the IB Diploma programme in Year 12 and 13. The DP Coordinator is involved in the whole school implementation of the IB programmes and is the direct point of contact with the IBO in matters pertaining to the Diploma Programme.
This role at WSO is a unique opportunity to build growth and find innovative ways to embed the IB philosophy within the teaching and learning, whilst promoting within the school community. We are seeking an experienced IB practitioner who is currently CAT 3 trained and can comfortably deliver in-house training to new and existing staff. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate dynamic communication delivery and evidence strong collaboration skills.
- Take a lead role in curriculum planning, design, delivery and review by working with staff (subject teachers, SEN teachers, counsellors, MYP Coordinator) and external stake holders (parents, IBO and SLT) to continuously model highly effective principles of teaching and instructional differentiation
- Assist teachers with orientation to subject or grade level curriculum and to develop appropriate learning targets for students
- Design controls to continuously monitor, record and analyze DP Teaching and Learning efficacy
- Program Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation of curriculum materials and timetables
- Design and take a lead role in the delivery of curriculum based parent/new teacher workshops
- Effectively model, communicate and support the implementation of best practices, GEMS culture of kindness and the GEMS/WSO core values
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years of solid and demonstrable DP classroom teaching experience in a premium caliber IB curriculum school
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Must have knowledge of the new ToK specification and able to administer ToK.
- Experience of the IB Review Framework
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day-to-day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas. About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School Opened in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4000 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme. A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
WSO http://www.gemswellingtonacademy-dso.com/ About Application Process If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s): 1. Resume/CV
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 06:35:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!