Job title: Kitchen Specialist | IKEA | Jebel Ali – Dubai
Job description: About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are passionate about selling and getting the best for the customer. You are driven to exceed your goals. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment. You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University Graduate
- 5 years relevant experience as Kitchen Specialist, IKEA experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Applications and AutoCAD
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excel competence
- Customer Focussed
- Individual Accountability
- Personal Leadership
About the Role
You manage the kitchen department for an IKEA store and ensure that all operational objectives are delivered taking into account quality, quantity and cost through development and execution of tactical and operational initiatives. You make appropriate business recommendations based on the analysis of daily/ monthly KPI’s. You support the sales departments ensuring that customers are provided with the highest possible service level (in line with IKEA standards) to achieve the pre-defined yearly sales targets.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act based on their input.
- Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day.
- Actively promote the Kitchen Design Service in order to increase sales and promote Add On Sales.
- Conduct surveys to gauge the in store customer shopping experience and external competitor monitoring to recommend strategies that fill any gaps in the market.
- Schedule Customer appointments. Monitor and keep track of all customer appointments to ensure the highest possible service levels on waiting times for customers.
- Liaise and follow up with Range department. Track stock levels (Overstock / Outgoing / Concrete and Ageing stock) and make recommendations to the range department on order quantities required to achieve the sales targets.
- Liaise with Home delivery and assembly. Audit all kitchen designs with the home delivery and assembly teams and the kitchen designers before dispatching stocks to the customer`s home. Arrange for home visits and conduct follow up on all kitchen jobs.
Steering the business
- Prepare annual business plan and budget for the kitchen department (i.e workforce, budgets) and management information provided to support appropriate business decisions.
- Review and monitor daily and monthly KPIs and analyse reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (i.e. reports relating to stock levels, stock ageing, top sellers, service levels with regards to stock availability, range analysis, manpower productivity, etc). Working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
- Staff training and development. Ascertain that all staff is competently trained on the design system (IHP 2) and the kitchen range (NAVISION) and receive adequate development support to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Manpower planning. Prepare plans, set productivities and supervise the kitchen designers to ensure highest levels of work efficiency within the budgeted productivities, motivation and control all the budgeted cost.
- Scheduling for the kitchen department. Create and submit all schedules for the kitchen designers based on the coverage needed for peak and non peak sales day. Plan annual leave for the designers based on the commercial calendar.
- Contribute to making the IKEA store successful, high performing and capable of achieving sales growth.
- Work towards agreed goals and take appropriate action to ensure I meet them.
- Challenge costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way, using and sharing good examples and encouraging the team to discover smarter ways of working.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Location: Jebel Ali, Dubai
Job date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:48:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!