Job title: Logistics Manager – MENA | ACE Hardware | Dubai
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 81204
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing ACE Hardware and Homeworks Egypt logistics execution and operation for MENA (UAE, Qatar & Egypt). You will support the brand team to deliver sales, availability, cost budget, store growth programme. You will lead and manage MENA brand logistics team, develop the team to drive a improved capability, scalable logistics team and standardised approach embedding best practice, effective delivery in a matrix organisation, manage 3pl companies to deliver excellence in supply chain, maintain strong working relationship and deliver strategic initiatives for both retail and e-commerce to continuously improve cost, efficiency, service & accuracy. You will ensure compliance for product registration, contracts, health & safety and authorities regulations.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Build, develop and manage regional logistics team to deliver business growth; support, coach and direct as appropriate
- Inbound logistics; from source hub to arrival at DC, including customs clearance
- Multi country sourcing and local suppliers
- Liaise with buying to ensure appropriate freight planning is applied to ensure stock availability
Cost LCF % of goods purchase price
- Measure Develop a cost budget based on volume projections with key indices per lane
- Minimise air-freight
- Participate in annual tenders for freight services
- Measures: Cost per single and % cost / invoice value of goods
- Measure freight lead time from source to arrival at DC by ‘lane’ and take steps to minimise: by event code: haulage to port, port dwell time, sailing time, port dwell time, haulage to DC…
- Take rectification actions when plan changes to minimise impact on the business
- Outbound Logistics; Management of RDC, Country logistics operations, e-commerce fulfilment & transport and e-commerce last mile customer deliveries
- Cost, budget, OPEX, cost per single and % cost / turnover Efficiency
- Vehicle utilisation %
- Stock: Lead time, Port-available on shelf,
- Accuracy; Stock loss/gain, pick accuracy(gross)
- Service; OTD, FTP, lead time to store from DC
- E-commerce Delivery NPS
- Product regulatory compliance (PRC)
- Marking compliance
- Operate safely and legally
- Contractual compliance with suppliers; representative, in date, AFG T&C’s, best practice front end
- Embed Principal best practice
- Continuous improvement agenda
Deliver Strategic Initiatives
- Capable, scalable logistics team and standardised approach rolling out best practice
- New territories, stores, product categories
- Single view of inventory
- Digital road map implementation; OMS/CMS
- Deliver Brand roadmap; 3pl, warehouse, hazmat
- Brand, Principle, central functions; Supply Chain centre of excellence, finance, HR, external; suppliers, contractors
- 3PL / Contractor Management
- Maintain contract tracker, ensure green status
- Senior stakeholder management of in country contractors & 3pl’s, maintain 2up 2 down communications
- Ensure top KPI’s are delivered
- Manage the relation with the warehouse locations
Reporting, ways of working
- Attend weekly call & report: volume brief commentary on priorities, headlines KPI’s to Brand & retail Trading call
- Monthly review. report month/YTD, and trend for KPI’s 3pl & brand & Retail
- Quarterly review, Annual report, cost, efficiency, accuracy & service 3pl & brand & Retail
- Maintain Initiative tracker
- Work in a matrix Sharing with Supply chain centre of excellence & other retail brands
- NPS and customer’s centricity focused with 3pl and last miles delivery
To be succesfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree level qualifications in related field & multiple function (inbound freight & clearance, 3pl, warehouse, transport, e-commerce, logistics management experience
- Strong Leadership and people management skills
- 8+ Years of relevant retail logistics experience
- MENA, retail experience, ability to manage the end to end MENA supply chain
- Inbound logistics; origin to Distribution center and stores Outbound Logistics; warehouse & transport operations
- E-commerce; Fulfilment and last mile provider customer delivery
- Highly proficient in MS office applications, especially excel
- Highly analytical person with great precision and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fact based, assertive and respectful
- Strong problem identification, resolution & conflict management skills.
- High level of motivation, enthusiasm and persistence.
- Ability to be a change agent within the organisation.
- Customer centricity and individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 23:53:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!