Job title: Process & Compliance Manager | IKEA | Service Office, Dubai
Job description: About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have strong analytical and logical thinking abilities. You have excellent communication skills and can build effective working relationships. You are curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors. You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate or Finance Professional (CA/CPA/CIA) or MBA – Finance / Operations management
- 3-5 years’ experience in Process Compliance/Audit, preferably in Retail industry
- Working knowledge in SAP/Navision – ERP system (preferred)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong anaytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
About the Role
You will assist in ensuring that all operational and financial controls are adequately and uniformly fomalized and implemented for the respective business unit acorss all geographies to mitigate risk of loss, safeguard assets and improve operational efficiency. You will support and coordinare all internal audit requirements. You will review all new processes and training material of new projects from a risk aversion point of view. You will implement and oversee monitoring activities for Loss Prevention. You will review all contractual obligations and secure compliance with Group policies.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Analyze SOP’s and suggest operational guideline changes if necessary
- Implement improvements in existing processes to improve operational efficiency
- Ensure implementation of SOP’s, related improvements and operational guidelines
- Rollout of SOP’s in all new stores
- Train store teams on Financial SOP’s
- New process mapping
- Standardise processes across the region
- Identify and highlight areas where SOPs are required to be created by Process Owners for further review
- Support in coordinating internal audits in stores including necessary entry and exit meetings
- Follow up with stores and Service office on implementation of internal audit points and annual non-implemented audit recommendations
- Coordinate Consolidated internal audit communication for the brand
- Review of contracts based on Group Procurement Policy
- Review of all company contracts for commerciality and risk in coordination with Group Legal, where required
- Review of 3rd party suppliers for IWAY compliance along with IWAY compliance team.
- Coordinate with Service Office and store teams for Non-Merchandise Procurements.
- Secure necessary approvals for all contracts and non-merchandise policy compliance
- Maintain a live directory of all approved company contracts
- Project coordination and meetings
- Testing and walkthroughs
- Communication with stakeholders
- Review of Agreements for Lease and its appendices with Expansion team, Finance and Legal
- Coordinate with Landlord on finalising the various agreements
- Review of Franchise agreements and Supply Agreements for new stores/locations with Legal and Finance
- Loss prevention reporting and checks
- Enhancement of current SOP’s based on audit findings/ internal frauds/ identified gaps
- Store reviews and engage in internal investigations
- Analyze Perpetual Inventory Count results across all stores
- Support Finance Manager with inventory write offs
- New system projects support
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 02:41:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!