Job title: Regional Operations Manager – Fashion | Al Futtaim Retail | Dubai, UAE
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 78844
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
You will lead a team of Operations Managers/Area Manager/Brand Champions to oversee and manage all aspects of store operations, establishing high levels of in-store standards; customer care & service and effectively managing all budgeted
resources to secure agreed growth and profitability targets. You will be accountable to drive the sales budget and profitability strategy set by the Fashion Regional Office. You will closely work with Planning manager in budgeting process and agree on targets for the business. Based on the agreed targets,you will work collaboratively with other market’s Operations manager, Area Manager and Brand champions to deliver the same. You will lead and define the operational plan for the stores and monitor adherence to the plan so as to achieve the agreed budgets.
Key Specific Accountabilities
Store & Operations
- Oversee all aspects of store operations and ensure consistent delivery of high instore standards in all markets. This will include store coverage, customer feedback, merchandising standards, regular trainings and implementation of in-store
activities and promotions etc. * Receive regular reports from Operations Managers about sales performance and trading related issues with the objective of giving specific feedback to Head of Fashion on periodic level (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Control operating costs and expenses,responding to market dynamics, achieving customer service standards and targets & implementing corrective action when and where required.
- Ensure all store PO’s for non-merchandise and utility bills, telephone bills are paid on time to avoid disconnection.
- Ensure local marketing activity is implemented for all GCC locations and that all competitor activity is monitored and reported on.
- Drive the trade calendar by working with respective team members and initiating meetings well in advance to ensure the smooth launch of each promotion.
- Utilise all feedback from corporate level initiatives to respond to customer feedback and brand perceptions
- Agree with the planning team store stock holding targets.
- Ensure that product ranges are correctly displayed in-store and that there is good communication between the buying team and stores.
- Provide timely and detailed feedback on both over-stocks and shortages to the planning manager.
- Supervise and ensure that stores adhere to agreed store stock holding targets, inventory levels and the correct procedures relating to product handling.
- Ensure that all processes & methods for scanning, storing and the delivery of merchandise are followed.
- Review and suggest process improvements to Head of Fashion where required, with the objective of minimizing shrinkage through poor handling and stock loss.
- Drive the clearance of aged inventory and keep it under control.
Human Resource Management
- Work closely with the HR Business Partner to implement the defined recruitment and staffing plan for all stores as per the agreed manpower budget.
- Ensure that staffing requirements for peak trading are adequately planned.
- Review the development needs of staff and store management and ensure training plans are implemented.
- Perform interim and annual appraisals as required
New Store Deveopment, Refurbishment & Development
- Supervise and co-ordinate all aspects of new store openings and refurbishments ensuring that agreed standards are achieved, municipality regulations are adhered to, budgets are met and the project plan is prepared with timescales completed
- Ensure that the project runs on schedule, in line with agreedspecifications and that progress is monitored.
- Identify and discuss with Head of Fashion opportunities and locations for new & existing stores.
- Coordinate with respective team for any lease renewal and work closely with finance on the same.
- Prepare feedback and present reports to the management team regarding sales and margin performance of stores, marketing information and analysis of opportunities as well contributing to the development of short- & long-term strategies for the brand.
- Work and implement a robust engagement plan for the front liners
- Conduct weekly/Monthly/quarterly manager’s meeting
To be successfully considered this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- University graduate or Post-graduate degree in management/retail management would be an advantage
- 5+ years of regional management experience in the MENA region, with 3 years of experience in managing store operations
- Previously managed multiple brands with at least 100 stores
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Power point, Project). SAP will be an advantage
- Point of sale experience
- Brand awareness and market penetration
- Achievement of business
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 00:30:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!