Job title: Risk, Process & Compliance Manager | Retail | Dubai
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 89084
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Risk, Process & Compliance Manager to join our Retail Division.
The role will serve to support the CFO – Retail in ensuring that there is a proper framework, governance, and compliance of the Retail division. This will include the understanding and developing the process & compliance of store operations, supply networks and stock. We are looking for someone who can evaluate and redesign the structure.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Hold the position of Process & Compliance leader for the Retail business at division level, responsible for championing the creation and implementation framework across the division and coordinating Process & Compliance Champions for each business within the Retail division
- Creation of Process & Compliance Framework, including Governance
- Support the implementation of Group Internal Audit recommendations and adherence to the retail Process & Compliance Frame of Group Risk ERM Framework in the Retail division
- Create reports that monitor retail-wide adherence to Group Internal Audit Recommendations
- Quarterly meetings with businesses heads to go over findings and get status updates
- Responsible for the active adoption and practice of risk management in accordance with the ERM Framework across the Retail Division
- Make independent judgments, often based on interpretation of System and/or local policy or knowledge of various risk disciplines (credit, market, operational, strategic and / or reputational)
- Risk registers based on Group Internal Audit Findings as well as review of existing policies, processes and procedures are maintained with up to date and valid information; risks are duly identified, classified, and assigned to the appropriate areas of responsibility
- The accuracy and validity of information is maintained in the System
- Escalate serious issues without delay to Retail CFO & Retail President
- Risks and Issues are reported without delay and escalated to the appropriate parties in a timely manner and minimal surprises
- Provide feedback on any significant gaps in the capabilities around managing risks
- Make recommendations to Retail CFO and Retail President that will further enhance compliance within Retail
- Feedback from Group Risk regarding value add from the contributions made by the risk manager
- Conduct education and training on risk management, process & compliance to the businesses within the Retail Division, and promote active risk management and awareness throughout the Division
- Feedback from training recipients
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world
- Demonstrate an awareness of the market and bring attention to the management of potential risks in the retail sector, regulatory environment, market dynamics etc., to which consideration should be given on how these could affect Al Futtaim Retail Division or the Group in general
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Risk Management, Commerce or Business Administration
- Professional certifications like Chartered Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant or CISA/CRISC may be an added advantage
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Years of Experience: 9-10 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit or Corporate Governance preferably within a professional services environment. Ideally someone who has created a framework of process & compliance
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They should be self-reliant with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high-quality output
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to converse confidently with various levels of management
- Strong business analysis skills and good knowledge of business risks, industry knowledge of the Automotive industry is an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice in risk management, risk assessment techniques, Internal Control frameworks, and risk reporting systems
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure
- Proven IT skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.). Ability to learn and adopt ERPs and GRC tools; experience/education of an ERP/GRC tool (Cammsrisk) would be an added advantage
- Language Skills: An exceptional ability in oral and written English
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide if required
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 07:02:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!