Job title: Sales Manager – Travel Trade
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Sales
Salary 500,000 AED
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The role of the Sales Manager for Travel Trade will be responsible for promoting MAF Leisure products to travel agencies and tour companies, as well as the implementation of the sales plan, achieving sales targets, liaising with the different marketing representative companies working with MAF L&E, maintains and develops relationships with existing travel agents, tour operators and hotels inside and outside UAE.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Planning & Delivery
- Executes the Sales Strategy to expand the customer base, ensuring achievement of revenue targets.
- Handles yearly budgets & targets for the Travel Trade Sector which include exhibitions. Targets, Representation fees, marketing support.
- Drives alternative revenue streams to maximize sales by initiating new ideas for product development and identifies new business opportunities.
- Generates weekly and monthly reports on activities and sales figures & promotions.
- Understands industry trends, product capabilities and customer requirement.
- Coordinates travel trade, groups, fulfilling financial and contractual considerations.
- Conducts and manages sales calls to travel trade partners and special functions via structured call cycle.
- Manages all finances of invoices and receipts for guests and distributes funds according to department via booking sheet to finance / ticketing / F&B / retail store.
- Liaises with our marketing representations companies in china & India & Russia on a variety of fields like show round’s, media opportunities, joint sales calls, barter deals, and brochure visibility.
- Works with hotels on initiatives & sales through hotel channels.
- Creates promotions in conjunction with our international representatives.
- Liaises with the DTCM & ADTA on hosting and conducting FAM & media Trips.
- Attends and manage the travel exhibitions in and out of the UAE.
- Liaises between international trade press & marketing department.
Definition of Success
As per annual budget and MAF Delegation of Authority
- Total Budget for the travel trade sector is 12,000,000 AED.
- The Sales Support Budget is 500,000 AED
Other Context (if applicable):
Flexibility to travel within the region.
Strong understanding of sales, marketing, and promotion standards.
Performs any additional adhoc duties as and when required by Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
- Proven success in leading and motivate a sales team
- Ability to provide high level training and development to staff
- Ability to convey even the most complex information and insights in his reports in a simple, clear, and convincing manner, tailoring messages to suit various audiences.
- Able to sell the brand(s) to potential clients and secure more sales for the business.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Highly proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint, which are necessary for the creation of visually, and verbally engaging reports and presentations for management, external partners, sales personnel, collaborating personnel, and stakeholders.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Strong communication skills in English,
- Interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Good financial, risk management and legal acumen
- Good, visionary leadership
- Good strategy formulation and implementation skills
- Time management
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic is preferable
- least 5 years in a sales position within a complex and fast-paced business environment, preferably as a Sales Manager. A suitable candidate will also demonstrate experience in sales research and how raw information and data is processed to become useful insights that assist the sales department in establishing appropriate strategies that lead to the achievement of goals and targets.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Communications, Tourism Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing or any other related filed.
- An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
Job date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:02:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!