Job title: Store InCharge – Watches | AF Watches & Jewellery | Dubai
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 84462
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
You are accountable for sales performance, focusing on growth and profitability, customer satisfaction, merchandising standards, store operations, and the training and development of the entire staff. You are responsible for achieving Annual Budget of the showroom (100%), Brand Budget (80%), Effective Showroom Visual Merchandising & Operations (85% score), Customer Service Excellence (DSES 100%), Stock Pilferage (0%). Lead a highly Motivated & Performing showroom team (85% of team members achieve 100% of their objectives), Self-Development (Attend minimum 2 self-development programs).
Key Specific Responsibilities:
Customer Experience / Sales
- Responsible for high standards of customer service standards in all areas of operations, by ensuring that all store staff have complete knowledge about their functional areas so as to perform their jobs effectively, customer service standards are maintained at point of sale and any customer complaint or issue is resolved with the objective of achieving customer satisfaction whilst taking decisions within company policies and procedures.
- Support all marketing and promotional measures by ensuring that suitable changes and modifications in merchandising is approved by Store Manager, and made in consultation with visual merchandising team to support the campaign with minimal disruption during regular store hours; suitable manpower planning done by department managers; and stock planning is done to effectively support expected demands.
Drive Sales & Profitability
- Support the Retail Operations Manager by participating in the process of monthly forecasting by receiving inputs relating to product/ range from various departments; monitor progress through weekly meetings, and initiate corrective measures incase of deviations from the forecast with the objective of ensuring that monthly and yearly budgets are achieved.
- Meets or exceeds profitability expectations for the store in sales, payroll, shrink and conversion
- Creates and executes strategies to maximize store sales and control expenses.
- Controls company assets by meeting all loss prevention measures (consistent management of inventory, in- and out-bound stock movements, sales, returns, exchange, store maintenance, etc)
- Executes and complies with all company policies and store procedures
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Department Managers in ensuring smooth store operation by ensuring all standards relating to merchandising are implemented and followed to maintain brand integrity; company policies regarding store operations are adhered to; facilities provide to visitors are in place; high risk areas identified and requisite measures taken to reduce shrinkage; cost saving measures are regularly investigated to control wasteful expenditure and minimize operating costs; with the objective of meeting desired retailing standards at cost effective levels.
- Maintain motivated store team, use positive reinforcement to encourage continued improvement – Ensure consistent Staff Performance & development by coaching, counselling, disciplining; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results – Oversee & Monitor all Cashiering activities (daily cash/ credit reconciliations/ bank deposits/ down payments and sales orders) – Responsible for role delivery and development of Second Incharge. Manage team Annual leave plans keeping in mind business needs and seasonal & promotional peak periods.
- Ensure retail back office co-ordinator is informed & updated on all leaves & comp offs etc for proper records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending product training workshops and training programs
People Development / HR
- Networks, supports recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining high quality management and associates to fill store profile and succession planning
- Leads by example, trains, develops and provides ongoing feedback and coaching on product knowledge, selling skills, visual merchandising and delivering the customer experience.
- Organizes weekly staff meetings and daily briefings to recap store performance, and to communicate new company goals and strategies, as well as new store procedures and performance targets.
You have a passion for selling Watches and enjoy working in a fast-paced and complex environment.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Graduate
- 5 years in similar role
- Minimum two years Assistant Store Manager experience
- Proven track record for driving sales and profit results
- Strong background in Watches
- Must have experience in selling & handling large accounts.
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Fluency in Written and spoken English
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP & email etiquette
- Training and developing experience
- Leadership skills
- Sales Driven
- Team player
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 00:55:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!